Latest Research Jam Publications
See a full list on PubMed.
- PURPOSE: To determine key elements of a contraception navigator program that provides a personalized approach to overcoming patient-specific barriers by a trained navigator in central Indiana.
- A novel qualitative approach for identifying effective communication for recruitment of minority women to a breast cancer prevention studyEnsuring that racial and ethnic minority women are involved in breast cancer research is important to address well-documented current disparities in cancer incidence, stages of diagnosis, and mortality rates. This study used a novel interactive focus group method to identify innovative communication strategies for recruiting women from two minority groups-Latinas and Asian Americans-into the Komen […]
- CONCLUSIONS: Participants found our DA informative in understanding hypospadias. There was a high perceived level of preparation for hypospadias decision making. Participatory research methods, such as "think aloud," may be helpful when testing DAs as they privilege the patient's experience.
- Title: The Children's Oncology Planning for Emergencies (COPE) Tool: Prototyping with Caregivers of Children with CancerAs part of a larger project to co-design and create a mHealth tool to support caregivers of children with cancer, we performed a pilot, qualitative study. For this portion of the project, we engaged with caregivers of children with cancer to co-create and refine a low-fidelity prototype of the Children's Oncology Planning for Emergencies mHealth […]
- CONCLUSIONS: The findings of this study highlight important insights of 3 specific stakeholder groups regarding diabetes prevention and lifestyle changes. The findings of this study demonstrate that, with appropriate methods and facilitation, adolescents, parents, and professionals can be empowered to co-design diabetes prevention programs.
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Eradication and Decolonization in Children Study (Part 2): Patient- and Parent-Centered Outcomes of DecolonizationCONCLUSIONS: This study represents an innovative HCD approach to engaging patients and families with lived experience with MRSA SSTIs in the study design and trial development to determine meaningful patient-centered outcomes. We were able to identify 9 major recurrent themes. These themes were used to develop the primary and secondary outcome measures for MEDiC, a […]
- Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus Eradication and Decolonization in Children Study (Part 1): Development of a Decolonization Toolkit With Patient and Parent AdvisorsCONCLUSIONS: Through direct engagement with patients and families, we were able to better understand how to support families in implementing MRSA decolonization and hygiene protocols. In addition, we were able to better understand how to communicate about MRSA decolonization and hygiene protocols. With this knowledge, we created a robust toolkit that uses patient-driven language and […]
- CONCLUSIONS: The vast majority of providers thought that the design of the Hypospadias Homepage matched its purpose and most preferred surgical illustrations rather than photos to demonstrate the steps of hypospadias surgery. Based on their feedback, we plan to focus our efforts in the following areas: 1) improvement of navigation/menus, 2) reduction in the amount […]
- CONCLUSIONS: We created a parent-centered hypospadias DA prototype that provides decision support in an online, interactive format. Future directions include further testing with usability experts, providers and parents.
- Assessing Needs and Experiences of Preparing for Medical Emergencies Among Children With Cancer and Their CaregiversCONCLUSIONS: The information gained from this study has the potential to inform a tool to support this population in planning for and managing emergent medical issues. This tool has the potential to improve patient and caregiver satisfaction, patient-centered outcomes, and clinical outcomes.